DUTCH SHOOTING: UTRECHT POLICE ARREST SUSPECT AFTER THREE KILLED

Written by on March 19, 2019

On the foreign scene, police say a 37 year old Turkish man, Gokmen Tanis has been arrested following a shooting in the central Dutch city of Utrecht which left three people dead and five others injured in the incident, which has been described as a terrorist attack.

Police chief, Rob van Bree, in an interview with newsmen said schools were closed while counter-terrorism police worked to locate the suspect earlier yesterday.

Van Bree saidd that a number of raids were reportedly carried out while counter-terrorism officers surrounded a building near the 24 Oktoberplein junction, where the tram attack took place.

Prime Minister Mark Rutte earlier said the country had been jolted by an attack which he described as deeply disturbing.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track

Title

Artist