TWO CHILDREN DIE OF POISON IN UGANDA
Written by thereachfm on February 18, 2020
Two children in Uganda have died and 11 others have been hospitalised after they ate pancakes made with pesticides instead of cooking oil.
All 13 children are from the same family in Budumba, western Uganda.
The newspaper reports that the children made the pancakes themselves – a dish commonly known in Uganda as Kabalagala.
Reports say the children used the wrong ingredients – mistaking a pesticide, used to grow watermelons and vegetables, for cooking oil.